Monday, May 08, 2006

Who would have thought!

Caught myself running down the stairs with a camera in my hand in a near frenzy just because I saw a bright orange bird near the feeder. I've never been much of a bird lover - I still can't tell the difference between a Blue Jay and a blue bird, or for that matter a robin and a sparrow! But living with Annette and Anne seems to have rubbed off on me and I 've become a hysterical bird chaser!
So that's the event that inspired this post - things that I've learnt to love because people I love, love them!

LA, has to be the first that I write about. If you notice quite a few of my posts have refernces to that city. Yah, I like that city, it's pollution and incessant sirens notwithstanding. But I would not have loved it the way I do if it wasn't for Adi. As I keep telling him the only city I really love is Nainital - all others kind of grow on you overtime. But A's love for the city, it's weather, beaches, people and pace is infectious and I find myslef comparing all cities to LA - nah not to NYC or Boston, the places closer to where I live, it's always LA. The other day in NY, got into this heated argument with my sisters - who were all for the city of Ny, it's people, buildings and art and I got so defensive! And started throwinga ll the problems with the city at them - the weather, no natural beauty, hysterical pace of life, rude people etc etc! I felt like laughing at myslef for that...

Electronic and hip-hop - The former genre of music would have never entered ny ipod just cos I wasn't aware it existed and my reaction to the latter has ALWAYS been EEYYUUUU. But now you see me marching down the trail listening to some early morning (nah I lied about that, still can't listen to it in the morning), late morning Blue Boy, Bran Van and the most sacrilegous "In da club" (this epitome of dhishick song by 50 cents)... Two years back, I would have NEVER dream of listening to these volutarily but then vegas and boy in pony tail happened :)

Cricket : Yup, I am not the TV sport watching kind but it started with Ma saying "baba misses not having a son only cos he doesn't have company while watching a cricket match!" (ofcourse he has his adopted son Lallu!). I have nothing against watching sports on TV but it does seem kind of pointless - your wathcing will not change the outcomse so why have heart attacks every time Ganguly makes a wrong decsion or tendulkar gets out on a duck. But cricket lovers do, so I learnt to too! I still can't make myslef stay up all night to see waht happens ( I am happy just reading it in the paper next morning) but I do sit around with the right amount of enthusiasm whenever india is playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals