Sunday, May 07, 2006

Random thoughts

Had this strange experience yesterday - friend from college popped out on gmail chat and said "reading your blog sudo phish". Huh? I said how did you know that's my blog? So he says this friend of his (who I've met only once in my life), asked him whether he had an open jeep (which I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts) and from that they figured out that this blog belongs to moi! For some reason that freaked me out cos it made me realise how unaware I am of how these technology thingies work. I was under the illusion that this is equivalent to diary writing - and I can remain as ANON as I want to be. Did that freak me out in bad way or was I pretty pleased inside at being discovered? I am not sure.

I mean, a part of me got all "aiyyo let me check if I wrote anything nasty about someone" (yah I reread all my 56 posts but didn't find anything too offensive!)but another part of me felt this excitement 1) that I had been caught - just that silly pleasure that you get when Ma catches you doing something naughty that u actually wanted her to catch u doing for some bizarre reason and 2) that I have an audience beyond ma baba!

Anycase, another great thing this blog discovering did was that it got me back in touch with A (see I am back at cautious anon names!). More later gotta go yell some happy songs at robins!

ok back. Had a sneezing attack so singing postponed.

The conversation and some things that happened yesterday made me think about what emotions can be "right"fully felt for your ex-s and y-s? It's starnge, but there are some relationships that sour so bad that you feel nothing but relief that they ended and mostly nothing but BAHH for the ex. But then there are some which are more mutual drifting apart varieties, what about them? Are you allowed to retain that special fondness even after you break up (I don't mean the jump onto his/her lap kind of feelings - I'll save that bit of the talk for later or for a REALLY ANON BOLG!) or is that taboo?

That ofcourse also made me launch on to my favorite fantasy: things are great again between me and P and we are back to being the best friends we were for 4 years. Gah, I miss that guy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

hey - sorry, didn't mean to freak you out! i'd seen a comment you'd posted somewhere and tracked back to this blog, kind of guessed it was you, and it came up while i was chatting with mr. open jeep. sorry again.

have we met only once?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

Hi! This is freaky to be chatting like this! Nah, I wasn't freaked out really - as I said in the post - I was actually secretly pleased! If u r , who i think u r (LOL!) then we have just met once.
why r u called tabula Rasa???

6:05 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

your memory's probably way better than mine so okay, we've met only once. was it only your sisten, then, who's accompany your ma to 7 univ road all the time?

you've worked with s as well as with my ma, right? maybe that's why i get this impression. anyway, glad to see you're doing well.

the pen name is just so that i don't get splattered all over googlespace. same reason as you?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

ah well. Maybe it was me. I was too young in 7 univ to remember much of anything..But it is moi who worked with both Mashi and S!
How is Hong Kong treating you ? Saw great pics of ur house there..(I think)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

either that or you left a very strong impression :-D

hk is absolutely great, in all respects except for the humidity and the astonishing lack of english.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

how come I can't trace u , Tughlaq? why the mystery? or just too lazy(busy) to blog? r u who i think u r - then I have copyright over that name. If u r someone I donno - thanks for dropping in :P

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals