Saturday, April 22, 2006

Poetic outbursts

I pen down my emotions
This time without pretensions
My love, my insecurity, my habitual jealousy

Somethings you should know about me
I am
Angry when I am defenceless
Angry when I am nostalgic
Angry when I give too much
Angry when I take more than I deserve
Angry at my tears
Angry at my uncontrollable giggles
My blushing
My inability to lead
My inability to laugh
At myself
My abilty to get into a shell
Just when you want me to speak
My ability to look bored
Just when I am supposed to grin
The fluttering of eyelashes
The damsel in distress
The silly jokes and
Naivete
Always abandon me when I need them most


I have no reason for self pity
No reason to sulk
I have it all
Without prayers or
Chants or sacrifices

I remain
Undead and undone

2 Comments:

Blogger silbil said...

I remain undead and undone....
lovely lines...
but the idea behind the poems seems a little fatalistic....

9:45 PM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

Silbil, I knew that line would get your attention - very alanis style, hee hee!
But why fatalist? I didnt get what you menat by that...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals