Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Desi Madonna

Google and Youtube do wonders for nostalgia. I typed Made in China (Foucauldian analysis of a factory in China) and they guided me to "Made in India", a song by Alisha Chinoi. You bet, I was more than happy! Who needs microphysics of power when you can get your own version of Madonna. I had completely forgot about this woman from the 80s. She was quite something and our only TV channel those days (DDII?) used to be flooded by her songs.

Made in India is Chenoy version of feminism/patriotism where an Indian princess is dreaming of a man who has a heart "Made in India". So she sits on her throne (cut to some shots of elephants and snakes... it's India after all!) and wrinkles up her nose daintily at a "Japanese" man (altho' I suspect he is Nepalese), an African American looking chappy (while she croons very politically correctedly that she doesn't care if his body is black or white ... he just has to love her like a Hindustaani!!) Heheheheheh. Wh needs John Lennon anymore. Ofcourse the best part is when the spooky looking saadhu looks into the magic pot of something and out pops a semi naked Milind Soman displaying all his triceps biceps and what nots. MMMMMMM. Took me back to good old days when the only man I LOVED was Milind Soman and Nandu gave me a pic of him to carry as a good luck charm fro my board exams..... HEEE HEEEE HAW HAW. I think I'll go back on google and search for that pic. who knows I might need it for my presentation tomorrow. Do you remember where you got it from Nandu? :)

2 Comments:

Blogger chaat paapdi said...

i see this preceded my '80s disco post : ). those were the days of your BIG crush on milind too, no? when you watched every late might episode of life-full-of-sky or some such soap??

2:07 PM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

oh ya!! HAHAHHA you remember that! That serial was so awful but i watched it so religiously just to drool over him...

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals