Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Loony toony

Do songs influence moods. Well, at least if you are as mental as I am, they do. Here I was, in a happy chirpy mood, working on my (not so happy) chapter on disciplining of surrogate mothers in clinics, when Ms Kim on the next chair decided to start squealing on her phone. The only option was for me to play my Youtube "favorites" at full volume. For whatever reason my favorites are these desperately melancholy songs.
First Mr whatshishname made me sombre with his brilliant rendition of "Bawra Mann", then Tracy Chapman made me sink lower in my seat with her "All that you have is your soul", then Joan Baez decided to kill me with her (suicide inducing) Prison Trilogy. When she started to croon "what have they done to the rain" I gave up.
I would have howled but decided that might just make Ms Kim squeal louder. So now I am now resorting to cheap tricks. Latest Bollywood Bhangra Hits... Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals