Friday, June 13, 2008

I HATE APPLE.COM

Since I don't know how to sue Apple, I am writing this post instead. Maybe it will make me feel less MAD.

I bought a Apple Macbook 2 months ago and did not really expect it to crash in its second month of use. But it did. When I called tech support instead of first telling me what could be possibly wrong, this is what I was told "your warranty has expired. If you want support via phone you have two options, get a one time deal for $49 or a 3 yr something for 250$." When I stressed that I was still in the warranty period and I would just go to a store if he was going to be such as asshole on phone the agent did the only helpful thing.. gave me an appointment with a "genius".

When I reached the store the "genius" stared at my blank screen, peered down its sides and put his ear to it and then sadly shrugged. He said he could not understand why my mac refused to start up, I would have to leave it for them to ship off and I should check back in a week or so. He also, very matter-of-factly, informed me that it was probably my hard drive. When I went hysterical (realizing that I had just finished reading 5 Foucaults and summarizing them in my most brilliant chapter yet), and was somewhere between throwing up or leaning forward and punching him he started talking to my partner instead (Why deal with a hysterical women at all, just ognore her).

When I pointed out to Mr Genius that my work was all I had, he was most dismissive and said "If your work is that important you should back it up every hour". However techno unsavvy I may be, I do back up.. but every week since APPLE macs with their fancy time machines and what not promise to be so reliable. Mr genius sneered and informed me that technology is technology and I should back up EVERY day and every hour if necessary. No sympathy, no help.


I am so pissed off at APPLE and the fucking money making racket that they are running that I could just burn the whole store down. For every query I was just told (both on phone and at the store) how much extra I would have to pay. If you want us to fix it fast, join pro care for 100 extra $. If you want us to try and save your existing data (which ANY tech support should do in any case) you have to pay us $50. We cannot assure you anything, we cannot tell you what the problem is, nor are we at all apologetic that a computer which you spent $1600 to purchase just two months ago crashed on you.

This is what happens if you let one assholic company rule your lives. I love you my Dell. Why the hell did I ever switch loyalties. BAH GAH GOO PAH,, BLAAARGH

2 Comments:

Blogger budhaditya said...

just came across your blog. i was planning on shifting to a mac from my dell. you are making me think twice!
did you get your mac to work with all the data you had?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

I got the Mac back, with the data. But after a fortnight, no explanations as to why the mac crashed and no explanation as to why I was asked to pay for getting it fixed...Did you end up buying a mac??!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals