Sunday, November 18, 2007

A quick update before I go stalk someone :)

The highlight today was the South Korean woman and Mrs Anon Brahman who refused to give me an interview.

The Doc was doing tremendous business today morning and by the time she decided to see me I had almost become a part of the red plastic furniture in the waiting room. In my red yellow salwar-kameez I fit right in! I was getting more frantic since I knew a landmine of information was waiting for me in the secret room right behind the wall I was leaning on but no one was letting me in. I saw a blue-eyed tall white man walk in with his (perhaps) NRI wife, a Taiwanese woman and the South Korean with a baby. And then another Korean breezed in. The “international” were turning out to be mighty elusive – they got whisked away into deluxe rooms and AC’d clinics before I could even get up from my chair. I decided to try pouncing on NP when she came out of Secret Room 1… I failed.

I waited like a good Phud Stud for her to call me and by then blue-eyed boy had left with his wife. And the Korean was just about to flee so I ran to her deluxe room. Not too much of gossip on that front. The same old Asians are nurturant stuff.


Oh ya, the other highlight - Mrs Anon Brahman (I add Brahman cos she made sure I got that well in my head that she was no desperate lower caste). She was the first to say “No” to my “Do you want to talk to me” question. She looked a little different from the rest of the surrogates – physically. Looked more Kashmiri than Gujarati. She was scared that any publicity will affect the marriage of her daughter in the future. I gave my usual “I understand and respect your privacy” schpeel but she didn’t relent. But funnily, though she didn’t let me take my tape recorded or diary out, nor did she let me sit down, she ended up talking with me for over an hour!

She was one of the only ones this round who accepted that she felt very queasy doing this and would never want anyone to go through what she has. Most other surrogates have been saying that they don’t think there is anything immoral about surrogacy – and only those who don’t understand the process think badly about it. I am sure many of these surrogates feel queasier about the morality of surrogacy than they verbalize but Ms Anon was the only one to accept it. What was tremendously interesting was the way she distanced herself from the rest of the surrogates by bringing in her caste and her family’s overall good economic standing. “The rest of my family is so well settled and rich that if they wanted they could set up my family in just one day.”

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Annette Hunt said...

More more! I want to hear what's happening!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals