Saturday, June 16, 2007

Clubbing with a denim Jacket

There are certain things/activities I was ABSOLUTELY sure that I'd never indulge in...when I was young(er). Now when I see myself do them or at least comtemplate doing them, I keep wondering what has changed. Yah ofcourse, there is a recent incident prompting me to write this philosophical post - isn't there always?! I went "clubbing" yesterday. And for me that was a BIG DEAL cos all my life I've (for a variety of to be and not to be revealed reasons) avoided clubs and dancing and succeeded. But I went yesterday to the Avalon in Boston, a dark sweaty loud place with thousands of crazed rave music fans jumping to Paul Van Dyk. And horrors of horros .. I enjoyed it. Hence you are being subjected to this post. And as usual since I am supposed to be preparing my defense presentation and not doing this, I'll make this short and sweet.
Things that were a "I won't" and are changing to "Why not?"

1. Rave music at a Club: Possibility of a migraine(oh all that loud uncouth lyric-less music), dance move insecurity, I am not so puppy, who can do it without getting stoned and I can't score here.. variety of reasons could have stopped me yesterday as they have in the past. But they didn't.

2. Talking to strangers in a strange town in a strange country at 2 am: Aaah, do you need to ask me why I didn't do it earlier? But I did talk to three strangers (a fashion designer from Toronto, a restaurant manager and a boy who thought my hair was way cool), and managed to not scare them away with my raised eyebrow. I must be losing my charm!
It was late night in Dundes Square (Toronto) and the girl with the way cool hair was dead bored. I guess that's why she relented.

3. Wearing a denim Jacket: I'd see my Cosmopolitan-expert cousins flaunt those aggressivly and I'd keep wondering why. Those things are SO UGLY. But... maybe the short ones with dull buttons are not so bad after all?\

4. Watching Spiderman/Batman/those crazy comic figures fly around on a movie screen: Who pays $10 to be retarded? I do. Nowadays.
Shit

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that things/your opinion about activities changes, shows, that you develop! See it that way! Look at it from the bright side: you don't want to be full of prejudices and give clubbing a chance!
Believe me, there will be the day (in a far away future) that you won't like to travel by bus and with a backpack anymore but rather sit snuggly in an airconditioned car and get out at the four star hotel ...:) But you still habe time. Changes come slowly and softly :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

Hmm i am curious as to who you are! I ALREaDY don't like traveling on the darn peterpan for sure :)

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals