Saturday, March 31, 2007

Here goes the sun...

Boy is singing along with some Led zep and for some odd reason that makes me feel very happy. Maybe because i've always imagined living with a person who shares my taste in music and won't get too attached to KKKG or Himesh whatshisname nasal and tone-deaf type music. So I beamed at him while he washed the dishes yelling Baby Baby Baabayy...

The week just flew by. Almost didn't have enough time to recover from the spring break. This Phd discipline thing seem snot to be working for me suddenly. I had planned to defend the comps before Ma Baba's trip. can't see how that's going to be possible with all the breaks I take "nurse sick boyfriend" break, "eat and get drunk with sister", "rainforest" and now "recover from rainforest" break. The details will have to be posted on the travel blog but all that remains of my trip are the 200 pictures, a severely burnt forehead and legs full of fire-ant bites. But you bet it was all worth it!

Now that we are back to the not-so-springy spring of New England we've been missing the scorching sun and blue blue Carribean waters. Both of us suddenly got all serious and long-termish today morning while getting blown away by the "warm" Boston winds and decided that by end of this year we will think of our next (warmer) destination...

Gotto learn some Spanish for that. All I know of the language at the moment cannot be mentioned in a family blog and would not be of much use in any country (unless I was a gangster involved in a shoot out). Was trying to pick up some quick lingo in Puerto Rico but all I could manage without going wrong was an occasional si and a few puta (joking!). I did confidently call an old old man amigo, then got all mumbly after he rapid fired some enadearing spanish (I hope they were endearing) at me...
So that's my goal for the summers. To go beyond si, padre, madre and gorda padre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals