Saturday, October 07, 2006

Off

So I am going at last. The amount I've built this field trip up I know it will be an anti-climax. As long as I can get work done I don't care how boring it is! Gujarat - haven't ever been to this part of India. Baba has fond memories of it - he was packed off to this "relatively harmless" post during the Emergency (his editor assumed he couldn't do too much union-baazi from such a remote place). He remembers the people, their friendly nature, broad secular thinking and the sweet veggy food! A lot may have changed, probably has, since the riots. Anyhow, this was not supposed to be a morbid philosophical post - just a cathartic one. I am a nervous traveller esp when I travel alone and want to be distracted for another hour!
A - who worked on a rehabilitation project in Bhuj after the earthquake, has even fonder memories. I suspect given a choice he wd want to settle down there! He talks of the people, the food and the fresh cool breeze at nights.
I don't know what to expect.
Anne- if you are reading this, take care and give love to the Penguin!
Bing, wish me luck. I believe, ball-scratchers are rare in Gujarat so I may not have to kick too many asses...
And ofcourse, 92.
oops gotta run. Last minute hysteria time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals