Monday, September 25, 2006

dreams

You don't need a Freud to interpret this dream - the message is clear I am a "chullu-bhar-paani-mein-doob-mar" (need to kill myself) variety nerd. I confess I dreamt that I was sitting in a cafe with A and was involved in a heated debate with a heavily diamond-jewelled marhwari looking woman on......."globalization".
Ok laugh.

Diamonded Marhu: I don't know why you academician type hate globalization so much. So what IS so disturbing about "inequality"?

Resident Nerd: Well, inequality is when someone like you can sit in Costa cafe (altho we were sitting in some really KMC type local canteen) with a huge diamond nose pin while soemwhere else a woman can't feed her starving child cos she doesn't have enough money (ta da.. some hindi movie sad tune should have been played here). That, according to me, IS VERY disturbing. Although it IS a matter of opinion." (pls note the last part sounded very good laden with sarcasm) Resounding applause?

The comfortingly real part of the dream was even here A, looking very scared and embarrassed, was trying to restrain me from slapping the woman and kept saying "T, yaha se chalte hai na" (let's just go from here!)

Well. I was quite proud of myself for being able to find such a great answer at the right time - I never do in real life.
And also Ma just pointed out that some Bongo pundit once told Madhusudan Datta (the "great" bong poet. Oh wait, all Bongs are great so the great is redundant! WINK WINK) that once you start dreaming in English, you can start writing in English.

Conclusion: I can start writing my dissertation now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals