Sunday, July 30, 2006

The square and me

this is probably the longest I have not written a post on this blog. mostly cos of the mad move and the surprising absence of free wifi in cafes in Hravard sqaure. You wd imagine that in a predominantly student town all cafes wd have wireless. Even our lil village does. But no. Harvard is the land of only harvadians, so if you have a harvard pin you get to use technology, otherwise na-na. so here I am scampering from one cafe to another just to write this complaint note on my ignored blog!
last few days have been very different. i didn't really expect to live right in the middle of HS ever - i dreamt of it but never thought I really would. Yestreday decided to go for a walk at 11 pm. The city was more alive than even mornings. There was a man with his electric guitar and works playing & singing old Beatles songs, an arty looking man with a long pony tail painting no-one knows what, a group of mexicans sitting near Au-bon-pain doing nothing, and thousands of desi couple meandering around. Another thing about HS - is the huge population of desis. I've got so unused to seeing aunty-jis in saris and salwar kameezs that I get ooh aahi whenever I see one. I need to stop since every second person here is one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals