Sunday, July 16, 2006

A sudden Ode to Belafonte

A friend's blog on chutney music started my day on a happy upbeat note. It also made me remember good old days when the P Family Singers (!) would yell their lungs out singing with Harry Belafonte. My personal favorite for singing along purposes used to be "Jamaica Farewell" The dance and shake-a-hip ones were many - The banana boat song being just one. And ofcourse the song and video that never fails to make me laugh "Mama Look A Boo Boo"

I wonder why nobody don't like me
Or is it the fact that I'm ugly?
I leave my whole house and home
My children don't want me no more
Bad talk inside de house dey bring
And when I talk they start to sing:
Mama, look a boo-boo they shout
Their mother tell them shut up your mout'
That is your daddy,
oh, no
My daddy can't be ugly so
Shut your mout', Go away
Mama, look at boo-boo

While locating his songs online I chanced upon this great interview Harry Belafonte Loves W! Not only does he sing, ,the man ROCKS real life as well. No Boo boo there.

PS: For some reason bloggerspot wont let me put the videos in this post so they appear seperately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals