Sunday, July 09, 2006

Full Paisa Vasool EH??

Paisa Vasool


Well needless to say, like billions of others, I am DYING of curiosity as to what made the usually rational Zidane become a raging bull. He is NOT crazy as is very obvious from his game till now, this was his last game and probably the last thing his fans would remember of him. Why DID he do that? All I could think of was the scene from Bend it Like Bekham when Jassi gets into a fist fight with the other team player cos she called her a "Paki". what did Materazza do? Call him blackie? Well, I should not speculate without proof. They'll sue me! But whatever. It did add a lot of spice to the last bits of the game. I may not be a sportie but if I am allowed to voice my amateurish opinion (hehheh;)), I don't think a PK end is a suitable finish for a World Cup final. It's too anti-climactic. Too much depends on the reflexes of a already frazzled goal keeper. Ahh well.

PS: 2 days have gone by and, obviously, the focus of the Cup is the Head butt controversy. Conspiracy theories are floating in the blogosphere and media. Was Zizou the victim or villain? Here are some I came upon - what an Italiana lip reader has apparently deciphered, the psycho-socio explanation ala tabula and the conspiracy theories.

I say he just decided he wants to leave with a bang. Bang. So long and thanksfor all the fish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

thanks for the clip - i linked to it.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals