Wednesday, June 28, 2006

World Cup Hotties

Ya sure. That's EXACTLY what you would expect from a woman's blog. Huh?
"For the ladies who are already yawning over the nation's World Cup obsession, it's time to snap out of the trance because we've created a more meaningful competition to keep you interested.
While your boyfriend and his mates bounce around the living room like chimpanzees, you can now settle down with your G&T and pick the hottest football team online."

Apart from the chimpanzee bit (wink wink) everything about the article was so predictable that it almost failed to infuriate me ( I mean who in their sane mind has a Gin and Tonic in any case!).

Well, nah, I am not huge World Cup watcher. I do catch at least one game a day - mostly cos that's when I am on my exer-cycle. But then, I have 6 more options to choose from and yah, I choose to watch the World Cup even when there is no Swedish Ljundberg or Italian Alessandro to drool over.

On a more gender neutral and unfeminist tone, I was disappointed that there is hardly anything unpredicatable happening in the finals this time. Once again, the same names - Brazil, Germany, England, Argentina, Italy, France. Thank God for Ukraine though. Maybe they can be the surprise team in the finals?? I'll keep my fingers crossed for my under-dog. If I had my way I would want Ghana or Saudi Arabia there. I have no idea why I said that...

Anyhow, let me go back to devising more ways to make my undergrads understand Foucault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals