Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mummeeee

This post will make one of my readers very happy....

A friend and I were discussing over our (hopefully last) Mexican dinner yesterday how much more we've learnt to appreciate the food organizing skills of our moms since we started living and cooking by ourselves. When I was back home I never thought how monumental the task "what is going to be cooked today" can be. Between the two of us, A & I have managed to create a list of 10 things we know how to cook semi-decently (ranging from pasta to rajma) and this we proudly keep stuck to our refrigerator! How the hell did Ma have a different meal devised for our breakfast, lunch and dinner? And that too without announcing it proudly on a loud speaker everyday. I would if I were her.

Thankfully, I am not the only kitchen-retard around. I confess, there are a handful of genius friends I know who whip up a new kind of dish effortlessly everyday, but most others are as bad as we are. Some make cooking such a huge production that dinner usually gets cooked by 12 am. Others weep while making salads and very often end up with a cheap Burrito in hand.. or a Panera sandwich! What's the deal here? Ayonno!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have new "rules" at our house now and everyone is going to have a turn at being the "kitchen goddess" for a week at a time. This means: plan and prepare the menus, the grocery list, and the meals - and do the cleaning, too! It wasn't my idea, but I am oh so happy "cuz unless I'm in the mood, I hate dealing with dinner. What should we have? When? What? When? Ughhh.... every friggin' day! So, the youngest cook in our house is inaugurating the new schedule and she is on the internet now planning extravagant, tasty meals and asking me to buy her pork!!! Pork? She also asked for papaya, mango, three apples, dried fruits, and wsabi peas. Should be fun.
And -in case of emergency - there's always Panera or mexican food.....

10:21 AM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

wow!!! Can I come when the "youngest chef"cooks next? Pork with apples and wasabi sounds... ummm... vERY INTERESTING :)

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals