Sunday, May 21, 2006

Too old to ..... too young to

Are there times when you feel age less? No? Then I guess I am right I am crazy. I swear, I feel like I don't fit into any age group - or maybe I just fit into all? I don't feel any maternal feelings when I see cutie-pie babies. yesterday was my first baby shower experience, loads of opportunity to be filled with "I want a baby desires"- diaper bins to strollers were strewn around and everyone was going goo gee over the already born baby present there. Yah, I did the needful and behaved like a normal 27 year old woman by picking up the baby, squealing at it and making retarded peek- a -boo faces at it, but did I want one for myself ....No thanky.

Then last month when my roomy's 10 year old daughter was visiting and she wanted me to clim trees and go tadpole hunting with her, did i laugh and say "oh no I am too old for all that?" Nah, I happily joined in, not as a babysitter but an active tadpole hunter....

But then when I go for my below 25 friend;'s house and am surrounded by white undergrady conversation about video games and what nots I feel really disoreinted and look to my "nearly double my age" best friend for sympathy...
Is it you. Is it Me
Did I watch too much TV?
Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?

Yup TOTALLY CRAZY
That's me

4 Comments:

Blogger Citizen said...

Babes, you fit in any age. Its like wine.
we all outgrow music clothes fashion-- but all I can say is never lose sight that you did your own music, fashion & craziness when your time was there. Right??
Smack those undergrads-- what the hell do they know-- freakin punks
ha ha

4:52 PM  
Blogger silbil said...

ohhho ...those people are morons who think that you should start feeling a certain emotions or insticts or outgrow them at some age...
remember i wanted a baby at the age of 13
and now in my valid child bearing years (and child bearing hips also hee hee) i am not too sure whether i will want to slap a crying baby or say' hai mera baccha kyon lo laha tha'
and i still get excited about slam books and psycho games...very 13ish thing to do na ...
and i also get cynical like a divorced wife about men at times...
so there ...be yourself at all times...it's a thing that you (and i think me too) have earned so ENJOY...
btw do u like the billy joel song...it's very cheesy but is is still u know romantic

9:48 PM  
Blogger silbil said...

and and and i still drool at DOOM 3...a retarded violent 15 year old boy type game...
i still kick people in road rash and laugh maniacally...what does that make me? hain jee?
i still go looking like my father looking for mandrake and phantom comics and then we take turns and read them...followed by discussions on Osho...so what age does that make us....
and as germaine and gang said and rightly so maternal feelings etc are all learnt...so stop fretting...
u r anyway trying to do things which i think only OLD OLD OLD people do...will tell u what i am talking about on chat..

9:53 PM  
Blogger Hystorical said...

should we shout? should we scream?
blah di blah di blah?

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals