Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Budday Naikami Syndrome



Wishing flags for the budday girl - may all her loony dreams come true! No really, that's what the Buddhist prayer flags are all about - each time they flap in the wind your wishes comes true... and these ones are still flapping somewhere near Rohtang.

What's this thing about birthdays that makes u so narcissictic? Why hasn't X (who I haven't spoken to a zillion years or who i broke up with so sadistically!) not called me yet, why am I not being treated like the center of the universe, why do people have to continue with their life on 18th of Jan why can't they all sit at home with me on their lap?!

It will be too predictable if I start recalling all my 27 b days now - so I won't. Instead I will try to be very bhitty and creatibh... I;ll need some time to prepare so see you in a bit :)

It's 4 pm and am not feeling any overpowering emotion except boredom. All I've done since morning is to stuff my face with cake and food and gossip with various old friends about totally inane things (yas yas I know I was pampered like crazy at 12 am but that is 17 hours away now and THAT IS NOT FAIR, I need to be a princess all day today HMPHHHHH).

The Lunatic is in my head is crooning in the background and I am still very far from any creativity. This song always reminds me of Ali, the glass painting card he gave me for my 21st birthday, the ricksha ride till Momo point and the coffee and chatting afterwards...Um, this threatens to take me soemwhere I don't want to go right now so a change of topic...

All the Beth Orton and DeFranco of the world had made me forget the magic of Floyd.. nothing can beat their power to make me maniacally nostalgic. For I don't know what. Maybe things I wanted to do but never did...

Like sing in a musical,

Walk in the snowfall catching the snow flakes with my tongue (I have no excuse for not doing this one cos in New England snow is something we have an abundance of)

Sit and sing songs next to Chandratal lake for a week with no worries about what my PhD topic is going to be

Swim in the ocean at night preferably not alone & not be scared shitless while doing it

Learn belly dancing (but not have a belly for it)

Be back in Pilani one more weekend, sit in M lawns the whole night just listening to someone with long hair and dopey eyes just strumming the guitar endlessly

~...Am I too old is is too late...~
Thus spake Guru Waters!

3 Comments:

Blogger silbil said...

munni meri munni happy birthday once more...
and u r so right about ur naikami...most ppl away from home don't even get the 12 at night fun that u boast of...
but i am also inspired by ur post making a list of all the crazy things that i want to do and do them and i am not waiting 10 months to make and implement the list...so there!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

yesssssssssssssss, WHY THE HELL DIDNT THE X write??? shiat, what a sad bday this poor girl had? Nuugggdu

And all this while, I thought, you were being treated like a princess.. okay, fine...

more later--

4:32 PM  
Blogger silbil said...

why is this blog like a personal POST ITs for the architect and his half crazy girlfriends...
can't they sort it in the real and not the virtual space...SHOW OFFs

the difference between the X (read ex) and Y (read WHY!!!!) boyfriend is only of the angle...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals