Sunday, January 01, 2006

HUH???



Another year ... very predictable beginning to a new year entry!
Nah, it feels no different. Been chewing my bf's brain telling him what an exciting life I've always had till now - claiming that I party like crazy every 31st... as far as I can recall all we've ever done in India is to sit next to a bonfire and get totally trashed and sing pondy hindi songs...
I am sure the rest of the gang is still doing the same, unless everyone's fought with each other by now and are sulking...

Did the burning wishes game yestreday at 11:59. I was adamant about repeating that this year - cos my first wish came true :). Well, lets see what happens this time. I'll let you know if I am lucky again this time!
It's funny but there are two intances in the past when I tried to be a serious believer and both times the wishes didnt come true... hmm maybe god doesn't love me too much... kyu ji ?? One was the phase when I became almost convienced and started all the chanting business. It lasted for exactly 2 weeks and then there was this BIG thing I was hysterically praying for and ofcourse i didn't get it so I sulked and gave up.. the earlier one was less gory - I think I was 10 or some similar insignificant age and tied a dhaga at salim chisti's dargah and wished to beat shalin in EVS (HEEEHEHEHE - confessions of a juvenile nerd) and he beat me...

ok no more
talk to you later

4 Comments:

Blogger silbil said...

what is burning wishes...is that the firang...ooops western way of mangoing mannat or what?

9:16 PM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

nahi nahi. I learnt this from a total non firang NRI last year - a really bald, thick accented gujju bhai ( i think) . so the game is thsi: at 11:59 pm 31st write all your wished (order of pirority) on a small piece of paper and u have to burn it down by 12 am. Smalleer the list bigger ur chances that u wd manage all that in 1 minute. So there is a big philosophy behind it - do not be greedy.. hyuk hyuk

9:31 AM  
Blogger Citizen said...

A predictable beginning to a new year??-- so its surprises that you like.. well, the quiet before the storm, the silence before the quake, the thrills before the game-- its all the same... Isnt it

so brush the leaves off the shoulder, get down on it, & get it on...
wasssssup
My thoughts on believing-- Believing has never made things come true or become predictable for me either-- but its shown me a faith, a belief in the mists,

None of this makes sense.. it doesnt to me?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

Mr Aragan
u r a gadhu trying hard to be too philosophical :P

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals