Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy Anniv :P



This is addictive - even when I have nothing smart to say. hearing wedding news from everywhere .. I must be getting reeely old! My "best" friend from school getting married this october - i havn't seen her for ages now but I was one of the first ones she invited! I guess marriage does that to u - makes u all nostalgic and senti. Most others from the nearer past are either planning marriage or pretending to "not want to yet". Obviously I am going to talk in third person and not about how I fit into the pic!

I find it really wierd when a lot of the desis here proclaim very assertively " One thing I know for sure - I WILL NOT bring up my kids in this country.." I wonder why they say that... what's so sacred about childhood that it has to be nurtured in the holiness of homeland??? I am probably the last ones to say I love the comforts here - the "heating system" (I swear to you, a lot of ppl say that's one of the big things here!), dishwashers and civilized traffic system (another top cited reasons for "why I chose to stay in the US!!) - but then I can't get it when the die hard yankee lovers pretend that they want to move out as soon as a baby comes in the pic... No one actually does move back tho'

Enough rambling. Am reading this book by Isabel Allende for the 10th time "City of beasts", it's just made for the dream traveller in me. Ma would love it as well I am sure. Alternate that one with this national bestseller - Me talk pretty someday (? I think that's the name) it's hilarious and made me laugh out aloud so often on the flight to LA that ppl thought "kallu aurat pagla gayee"... Ofcourse that is also on halt while I exhaust my present obsession with Sudoku. Played that yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals