Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Memory Punch

BUAHHHH
Went back to Players after 3 years yesterday. I knew I wd get a bit sentimental but didnt expect the memories to hit me like a punch on the face! The stairs with teh winter sun, the stage with its wooden panels, the "wings", the narrow path behind the audi leading to the canteen and the pavement across the back door where we would sit for hours, with our ciggies attempting bizarre forms of creativity. It felt strange to not see any familiar faces. I tried desperately to find similarities in the members now - the now Siddharth looked like our then Amit, the boy with teh curly hair looked like Deba... but then I pinched myself out of my retarded nostalgia. Baba made it almost al right by giving me a big hug and introducing me to the junta - who looked at me with obvious disinterest (Gawd another of those oldies)!

Then I saw the board with the names of th old and the new and realized I left the stage and that room 8 years ago...It sure didn't seem that long back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals