Saturday, February 11, 2006

reality check

Life is unfortunately not a caravan so I'll take a short pause from all the traveling. Yesterday a friend's friend went and hung herself from the ceiling of her house. I don't know why that disturbed me more than just a piece of gossip. I didn't know the girl at all. But it just made me wonder what would drive a 25 year old girl to do that? Is it just maniacally depressive, self centred selfish people who can do that or could it be just you and me in a real shit situation? Yuck, made me feel very sad ...

on a less depressive note, there is supposed to be some big storm that will hit our coast and bring 5 inches of snow tonight. It's causing a mini-panic in our crazy little village. there was a mile long line outside TJs with people hoarding as much of humus, chocolate dipper buscuits, dog chews and indian "curry" sauce as they can pile in a cart and fit in a SUV- "what if they are stuck in their heated houses for a WHOLE day, how will they survive!!" Some of these Americans really crack me up with their self generated panic about every thing - a rain drop becomes a storm, rain becomes tornadoes and snow leads people to start digging underground!


Well it is still snowing and already the accumulation is around 15 inches - so I guess my sarcasm was a bit unfounded this time! And yipes, we are really out of chocolate biscuits - why didnt I LINE UP AT TJ"s like the rest! It looks reallt preety outside tho' - the bird feeder looks like a bird igloo, the branches of all the trees are bowing down with the snow and now the wind is making a whoo whoo noise and making the snow flakes twirl around outside my window! But as Bing would ask "what will happen to all the squirrel and bird babies? They got fooled into believing that it's spring time already and now the weather is changing back to winters. And ofcourse where will the ducks in the pond go?!


made some molasses and oatmeal - an inferior version of the gurer payesh I've been craving for long now! I guess i'd get to taste the real thing only in december. Anne read my blog - was surprised that I don't mind sharing such private thoughts with random strangers on cyberspace. But then, to be honest, I don't really put my private thoughts here. That's reserved for my handwritten diary (a really ancient thing Baba got for free in his old office - I think the dates are for 1991 and I play around with teh days to make it seem like it's 2006!). Somehow while writing a blog I feel compelled to try and be semi-witty every second line. Altho' I feel that way with the diary as well sometimes - and then laugh at myself cos I know not everyone becomes an Anne Frank whose diary gets published for millions to read. And in any case I am not a Jew living thru a war so no hopes of becoming famous via that route!
This nakli payesh is getting a bit overbearing BARF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

v

web hit counters
Office Deals